Lung Foundation New Zealand
Cancer Network Group Service, Community Health
Lung Foundation NZ is an independent non-government organisation dedicated to promoting healthy lungs and early detection of lung disease (including lung cancer, NZ’s biggest cancer killer).
The Lung Foundation has commenced with a particular focus on:
- Advocacy – Ensure lung health is a national priority. Focusing on early detection of lung disease (including lung cancer) and addressing inequalities.
- Education – How to keep your lungs healthy and understanding the symptoms of lung disease.
- Awareness – Observe lung health month “November” in conjunction with lung health campaigns.
- Information – Publish information about all aspects of lung health and all lung diseases including lung cancer.
- Research – Promote quality research in to lung health, including the prevention, detection and treatment of lung disorders.
Whilst the Lung Foundation collaborates with a number of health organisations to deliver its mission, its particular focus area is on increasing the awareness of lung cancer and addressing the stigma that is associated with this disease.
The Lung Foundation is also taking the opportunity to engage with, acknowledge and support people who have been affected by lung disease, including lung cancer.
If you or someone you care about has been diagnosed, we have put together this support guide with clickable links to further resources.
How do I access this service?
Please fill out the contact form on our website. Alternatively, contact by phone.
Welfare & advocacy services
- Advocacy services
Information & support
Injury, illness or disability
Screening and prevention
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 3:58PM on October 29, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Lung Foundation New Zealand.