Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Community Health Services >
Community Health Service
Supporting New Zealanders with fertility issues - registered charity.
FertilityNZ is a national organisation dedicated to supporting, informing, educating, and advocating for men and women concerned with reproductive health, infertility, fertility preservation and all forms of whānau building.
FertilityNZ was founded in 1990 and is a volunteer based registered charity.
The purpose of FertilityNZ is to:
- support and provide information and understanding for men and women faced with fertility issues and infertility
- raise awareness about fertility issues and infertility
- provide a national voice for people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide information on causes, treatments, implications and impact of fertility issues and infertility - up to date, objective, and practical information means people can make informed choices about which paths to take
- represent the voice of the people affected by infertility on medical, ethical and policy issues
- provide opportunities to network and share experiences which helps remove the feelings of isolation felt by many people affected by fertility issues and infertility
- provide links between people affected by infertility and the doctors and specialists who provide treatment
- provide information and education so people can make choices which protect and enhance their fertility.
Fertility NZ has a vision of a "fertility friendly" and fertility aware New Zealand where:
- fertility issues and infertility are recognised, understood and supported
- all men and women faced with the medical condition of infertility have access to appropriate, timely and fully funded medical treatment
- men and women have all the information necessary to enable them to make informed decisions regarding their fertility
- young New Zealanders learn about fertility preservation
- fertility and all forms of whānau-building are respected and valued.
Fertility NZ provides support and information for people affected by fertility issues and infertility through:
- our website www.fertilitynz.org.nz
- hosting an annual awareness-raising campaign, Fertility Week
- providing a toll free number to provide ready access for all those seeking information and support
- supporting and working with regional FertilityNZ groups around New Zealand
- providing informative and up to date information to members
- publishing Dandelion newsletter and fact sheet brochures
- providing information about local group happenings for consumer members through distribution of the regional consumer newsletter and on the website
- providing a forum for discussion and exploration of relevant issues
- hosting regular conferences and events for consumers of fertility services and all those involved in the fertility area.
Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
|Mon – Fri||10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
Advocacy, Information & support, Pregnancy and parenting, Sexual and reproductive health
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui