Tūhoe Hauora - Community & Social
Community Health Service, Kaupapa Māori, Social
Tūhoe Hauora is about people first… The wellbeing of all aspects of a person, of a whānau, of a people is paramount.
Tuhoe Hauora is a Kaupapa Māori health provider offering:
- Mental Health and Addiction Services - Read more here
- Kaupapa Māori Social Worker
- Social Workers in Schools Programme
- Whānau Ora
- Family Start
- Koroua and Kuia Early Intervention
- Māori Disability Support Services
- Community Action Youth Alcohol and Drugs (CAYAD)
- Injury Prevention
- Rangatahi Physical Activity & Nutrition Coordinator
- Tūhoe Rheumatic Fever
- Community Transport Assistance
- Whānau Resilience
Read more below
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Make an appointment, Referral
Services are free to access
|Mon – Thu||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed Waitangi Day (Observed 7/2/22) (7 Feb), Good Friday (15 Apr), Easter Sunday (17 Apr), Easter Monday (18 Apr), ANZAC Day (25 Apr), Queen's Birthday (6 Jun), Labour Day (24 Oct).
Christmas: Open 20 Dec — 24 Dec. Closed 25 Dec — 26 Dec. Open 27 Dec — 31 Dec. Closed 1 Jan — 2 Jan. Open 3 Jan — 7 Jan.
Kaupapa Māori Social Worker
- Services to individuals and whānau who require advice and support when working with other health professionals. A particular emphasis for this client group focus is:
- Child Health
This service provides an alternative pathway when working with mokopuna, tamariki and rangatahi and their whānau who are experiencing difficulties that have come to the attention of the Ministry of…
- Kaupapa Māori
- Advocacy and support (which may include transport and/or support to attend health related appointments).
- Facilitation of health promotion and self-management programmes.
- Enrolment or re-engagement with general practice, promotion…
Family / whānau
A child centred, family–focused, early intervention, intensive, home visiting progamme that is culturally appropriate to the need of the client and their family.
We aim to: support the…
Injury, illness or disability
Māori Disability Support Services
We provide: support to individuals and whānau with disabilities in:
- A cultural and appropriate manner
- Support during a NASC (Needs Assessment Service) process and or referral…
Community Action Youth Alcohol and Drugs
By working with our local rangatahi and national stakeholders to:
- Increase informed community discussion and debate about alcohol and drug issues
- Develop Community Action initiatives to prevent and reduce alcohol…
We provide: advice, support and education for individuals, groups, whānau, hapū and iwi to avoid injuries to themselves and others.
We aim to: provide advice, workshops education to support individuals…
Screening and prevention
- Rheumatic fever
Tūhoe Rheumatic Fever
We provide: in school swabbing for rheumatic fever to our six Tūhoe Kura twice a week in an attempt to reduce the high rates of rheumatic fever…
Community Transport Assistance
We provide: financial assistance to attend GP, Hospital and Specialist (one off) appointments.
We aim to: assist whānau/clients who are unable to access public transport to attend…
We provide: services that can support whānau who want to overcome the impacts of being long-time exposed to violence. Services that can help whānau to sustainably live free from violence.…
Social Workers in Schools Programme
We provide social work services to the following schools: Matahi, Waimana, Ruātoki, Tāwera, Nukuhou and Ruatāhuna Kura.
We aim to: engage with tamariki and their whānau for those tamariki who…
Rangatahi Physical Activity & Nutrition Coordinator
We provide: individual or group interventions which include education about nutrition and physical activities to reduce health related harm.
We aim to: prevent and manage obesity in children and young…
Koroua and Kuia Early Intervention
Our focus is to provide appropriate iwi/Māori based services. The service will be run on a day programme basis, and will provide a range of activities with mentally and socially…
Bay of Plenty
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:50AM on May 5, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Tūhoe Hauora - Community & Social.