Waihi Lifecare, formally known as Waihi Hospital, is a historic and much loved icon of the Waihi Township.
Waihi Lifecare provides 24-hour care for those who can no longer manage safely in their own home, providing hospital services, rest home, respite and palliative care.
- Hospital - Hospital level care is provided for those residents who have a significant disability or medical concerns, in a warm and caring environment.
- Respite Care - Short-term stays, or respite care services, are available to those who are unwell (eg, recovering from an illness or hospital stay) or who simply are in need of extra support, whether it’s for a couple days or a few weeks.
- Under 65s with long term disability or chronic illness - Long term care is available for young (under 65 years) physically disabled or those with chronic long term illnesses, who require assistance with self-care, communication or general mobility.
- GP Inpatient Service - Our highly professional Waihi General Practitioners can admit patients who become unwell and require more support/medical care than can be provided for them at home. This service includes “emergency or unplanned respite” where an immediate response is required to avoid admission to a public hospital.
- Palliative Care - At this challenging stage of life we offer medical, emotional and physical support in an environment that provides comfort, privacy and dignity for the resident and their family.
Also onsite is Waihi Lifecare Birthing Centre (or Maternity Annexe)
Expectant mothers and independent midwives in Waihi, Coromandel and Hauraki Plains can enjoy our homely and relaxed environment for giving birth and providing supportive postnatal care.
Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Make an appointment, Referral, Walk in
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
Above are our office opening hours. Our facilites operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Aged residential care
- Day care
- Rest home care
End of life care
Waihi Lifecare Birthing Centre (or Maternity Annexe) is a Birthing Facility situated in the tranquil park like surroundings of Waihi Lifecare. A place within our community that supports mothers, babies…
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:13AM on October 4, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Waihi Lifecare.