Maternity Services>

Specialist Care During Pregnancy or Labour

I'm pregnant. What specialist pregnancy or labour care is available if I need it?

If you have complications during pregnancy or labour, your LMC will refer you to an obstetrician. Your obstetrician will ensure that you undergo minimal risk during your pregnancy and birth.

If you choose to see a private obstetrician there will be charges for this service. Seeing an obstetrician in the public healthcare system is free, if you are eligible for free maternity care (see: Cost of Maternity Care).