Mental Health & Addictions>

How to get help for someone you are worried about?

If you think someone else is in immediate danger to themselves or others call 111 or take them to your closest hospital emergency department, or contact your DHB’s crisis mental health team. Please click on the following link to view the list of phone numbers for the crisis teams

If you have observed or believe someone else may be experiencing a mental illness, talk to them and encourage and support them to see their general practitioner (GP) in the first instance. For more information about getting help for someone you are worried about go to the Mental Health Foundation website.