Adventure Development Ltd
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Youth Brief Intervention Service (YBIS) - South Canterbury (mild to moderate)
- Programme Areas
- Programme Type
Community based support - mental health
- Age Groups
Youth / rangatahi
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
You can refer yourself, or be referred by family, GP, guidance counsellor or other agencies.
To be eligible for the Youth Brief Intervention Service (YBIS) – Mental Health:
- The young person has an identified mild to moderate mental health concern or is at risk of developing this
- The young person would benefit from and engage with a short term (4-6 sessions) treatment option and there have been no more than 4-6 sessions
- That an assessment pathway is needed to explore more appropriate community referral options
- The young person is aged between 12 – 19 years or is presenting as appropriate for a youth service
- They live within the South Canterbury area
- There are no immediate safety or risk concerns
You can use our online referral forms to contact the team nearest you:
We can see people for up to six 1 hour long sessions (within a 12 month period) and because we are a mobile service, we can catch up at home, school, work, our office – wherever suits! We also travel to Waimate, Geraldine, Twizel, and everywhere in between in South Canterbury.
This is a mild to moderate service which means that we tend to see young people whose mood or worry is starting to have an impact on their day to day life and functioning. If we aren’t quite the right fit for you, we’ll help support you to get to a more appropriate service.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:52AM on February 11, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Adventure Development Ltd.