Asian Family Services
Mental Health & Addictions Service
Asian Group Workshops & Programmes
- Programme Areas
Self help/ helpline, Mental health, Addictions - other, Smoking cessation
- Programme Type
Helpline / self-help - gambling, Helpline / self-help - mental health, Community based support - gambling, Venue exclusion for problem gamblers, Community based support - other, Peer / advocacy / group / family whānau support, Community based support - mental health, Face to face smoking cessation, Refugee / migrant, Supported employment
Wellington, North Auckland, East Auckland, Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services
Call 0800 862 342 or click here if you would like to refer yourself or someone else to Asian Family Services.
Asian Family Services provides tailor-made workshops and programmes for Asian groups within the community. These programmes and workshops have been developed to respond to the demands and requests from migrant communities.
The workshop topics include:
- Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P Parenting).
- Communication programme for migrants
- Project Connect for international students.
- “Wellness Recovery Action Plan”(WRAP) for clients with mental health issues.
- Anger Management Programme.
- Gambling Prevention Workshop for new migrants or refugees.
- “Bet on Freedom” harm prevention programme for those who want to re-enter a casino after a period of exclusion from casinos in New Zealand.
- Prison Work. Gambling Harm Prevention and Reintegration Programme for Asians who are incarcerated.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:22PM on May 19, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Asian Family Services.