The Salvation Army Oasis Centre (Gambling Support) - Auckland
Mental Health & Addictions Service
- Programme Areas
Addictions - other
- Programme Type
Community based support - gambling
North Auckland, East Auckland, Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Adult / pakeke, Older adult / kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
If you are concerned about your own gambling or someone else’s, then please contact us today.
Appointments are booked via 0800 53 00 00.
The Salvation Army Oasis provides free and confidential support, education and counselling for those affected by gambling harm, as well as their whānau / family and others affected.
Our integrated approach motivates and empowers people affected by gambling and associated problems to make positive choices for a healthy lifestyle.
The Salvation Army Oasis aims to help you:
- find solutions and pathways forward and away from harmful gambling
- stop or reduce the frequency of harmful gambling
- create a plan and develop strategies to reduce harmful gambling behaviour
- assess and support other mental health and lifestyle issues that may also cause harm
- lead a vital and healthy life without harmful gambling
Face-to-face counselling involves:
- comprehensive assessment and creation of collaborative plans for change
- offering a range of therapeutic models to address gambling
- counselling for family/whānau members
- couples’ counselling
- whānau / family therapy
- culturally sensitive and inclusive approaches
Group participation involves:
- support groups
- education groups
We also make referrals to self-help groups (including Gamblers Anonymous) and specialist services who offer information and advice (including legal and budgeting advice) as well as crisis intervention (legal, financial, relationship and/or psychological).
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:27PM on October 6, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by The Salvation Army Oasis Centre (Gambling Support) - Auckland.