Whare Tiaki Hauora
Mental Health & Addictions Service, Kaupapa Māori
Residential Housing Service
- Programme Areas
Mental health, Addictions - drug & alcohol, Kaupapa Māori, Pacific Island people
- Programme Type
Coexisting problems – mental health & addictions, Community based support - mental health, Kaupapa Māori - mental health, Pacific Island people - mental health, Residential support
East Auckland, South Auckland
- Age Groups
Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
- Referral Types
Self referral, GP, DHB clinical services, Corrections
- Complete application form
- Make appointment via 0800 024 321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend appointment with support person and/or; reference i.e. Clinical Team or CLS Worker
- Whare Tiaki Hauora will review your application form and interview guide and will respond to your application within 24 hours after the initial appointment
- If successful you will then be given another appointment to finalise your tenancy agreement
- If we have no vacancies at the time, you will be placed on our waiting list to be reviewed at our next intake.
- Tenancy Application Form (DOTX, 42.3 KB)
Please complete application form
- Residential Housing Brochure (PUB, 941 KB)
Our Residential Housing Service provides accommodation to tangata whaiora who can live independently in the community.
What are the requirements?
- Self Medicate
- Participate in household chores, weekly shopping, weekly meetings and cooking duties i.e. making meals
- Rent payments need to be supplied by redirection of benefit from Work and Income or via direct debit and/or; automatic payment
Roles & Responsibilities
Application and/or; interview and selection process. management and maintenance issues.
Tenancy Agreements, work and income correspondence, key management, eviction notices and rent payments.
Conduct weekly household meetings, weekly shopping, allocate household chores and any other issues that may arise.
Termination of Tenancy Agreement
A boarding house tenant may terminate the tenancy with 48 hours notice.
A boarding house landlord may terminate a tenancy immediately if the tenant has caused or threatened to cause:
- Serious damage to the premises
- Danger to people or property
- Serious disruption to others
Within 48 hours notice if:
- The tenant fails to remedy rent arrears within 10 days of receiving a notice to do so
- The tenant has used or permitted the premises to be used for an illegal purpose
- The rent is in arrears and/or; the tenant has abandoned the room
14 Rehua Place
14 Rehua Place
PO Box 23300
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:02PM on February 10, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Whare Tiaki Hauora.