Anglesea Hospital - Plastic Surgery
Private Surgical Service, Plastic Surgery
Anglesea Hospital is a state of the art hospital and day stay facility located in the heart of Hamilton.
- Three state of the art theatres designed and built to international standards which have the latest digital equipment, enabling surgeons better visualisation during complex minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- 3D imaging solution which provides improved speed, accuracy and precision for surgical procedures.
- Innovative designs in movable equipment eliminating permanent fixtures and lessening the risk of infection during procedures.
- Highly experienced registered nursing staff committed to providing patients with the very best in preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative care
- Fully equipped Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) staffed by fully qualified CSSD Technicians, providing sterile equipment for all procedures.
- Ongoing monitoring by an Infection Control Nurse to ensure excellent Infection Control management
- Training room for live streaming of laparoscopic surgery for specialists from all over New Zealand.
Procedures / Treatments
Raised naevi may be removed surgically by cutting down to the level of the skin but naevi that may have become cancerous will be cut out entirely and stitches will be required. More
Surgery to increase breast size involves inserting silicone sacks (implants) filled with silicone gel or salt water (saline) under the chest muscle and skin.… More
This is an operation that can lift and reshape sagging breasts.… More
Breast Reconstruction - Implants
A silicone sack filled with either silicone gel or saline (salt water) is inserted underneath the chest muscle and skin.… More
Surgery to reduce breast size involves making a cut (incision) around the areola (the dark area around the nipple) straight downwards and along the crease beneath the breast.… More
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Surgery to relieve carpal tunnel syndrome involves making a cut (incision) from the middle of the palm of your hand to your wrist.… More
Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate
Surgery to repair a cleft lip involves making a cut (incision) on both sides of the gap in the lip (cleft).… More
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
Cuts (incisions) are made behind the ears through which the cartilage in the ear can be reshaped or removed. More
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
This procedure typically involves making a small cut (incision) in the fold of the eyelid (for the upper lid) or just below the eyelashes (for the lower lid) and removing any excess skin and/or fat. More
In a typical face lift, cuts (incisions) are made within the hairline in front of and around behind the ears.… More
Implants can be put into your chin, cheeks or jaw to improve the shape and/or size of the bones in these areas.… More
In this procedure, small cuts (incisions) are made on the inside of the lip and the tissue is reshaped. More
This procedure removes unwanted pockets of fat from under your skin in specific parts of the body such as the chin, neck, upper arms, stomach, hips and thighs.… More
Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
Small cuts (incisions) are made either on the inside or outside (in the creases) of the nose.… More
This usually involves cutting out the old scar, closing the wound with stitches and, in some cases, moving the scar so that it is hidden by natural features of the body.… More
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Cuts (incisions) are made across the lower stomach and around the tummy button and the muscles underneath are pulled together and stitched.… More
The following different types of surgery are available if varicose veins require treatment: Sclerotherapy – a tiny needle is used to inject a chemical solution into the vein that causes the vein to collapse.… More
19 Knox Street
19 Knox Street
PO Box 9077
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:19PM on August 27, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Anglesea Hospital - Plastic Surgery.