MB ChB 1998 Birm; MRCP (UK) 2001; FRACP 2014
- Endoscopic management of large colonic polyps to prevent the need for surgery, complicated and previously failed colonoscopy and diseases of the oesophagus. Water-assisted colonoscopy to reduce the need for patient sedation.
- Practices in internal medicine at the public hospital but specialises in gastroenterology and hepatology including viral hepatitis, with a particular interest in chronic hepatitis B, alcohol and fatty liver disease.
- From Worcester in the UK, Medical School in Birmingham, Diploma in Tropical Medicine at the Liverpool School and worked overseas for 6 months on the Burmese Border with MSF 2002, Zambia for 3 months in 2009.
- Trained in Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Jeremy Saunders at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ hospitals, London. 2016 sabbatical Crohn’s and colitis and therapeutic endoscopy with Simon Travis and team in Oxford at the John Radcliffe.
- Lives in Rotorua with his partner who is expecting their first child, enjoys working with a great group of physicians who provide acute medical services for the often complex health needs of the population Lakes DHB serves. In his spare time he enjoys trail running, having run 20 marathons including 5 ultramarathons, knowing that he lives in probably one of the best spots in the world to enjoy this.
- Endoscopy - Diagnostic & Therapeutic
- Bowel Screening Colonoscopy
- Coeliac Disease
- Crohn's & Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastro-oesophegeal Reflux
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
9 December 2010
Dr Richard Newbury is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location: