Dr Ronnie Stein
MD 2007 Semmelweis; Cert Spec (Paeds) 2014 Israel; FRACP 2021 - Paediatrics
I’m a Consultant Paediatrician and a Paediatric Endocrinologist. I see paediatric patients of all ages from new-borns, through childhood to the older teens, with a wide variety of hormonal issues.
Children are unique in their needs related to growth and development. In addition, their emotional needs are different from those of adults. Hormone problems, affecting growth, metabolism or sexual development may have a significant effect on emotional and physical well-being. As a paediatric endocrinologist, I am sensitive to these unique needs and work closely with primary care providers, nurses, dieticians, and psychologists to provide kids with the best comprehensive care.
- Semmelweis Medical School, Budapest Hungary
- Basic and Advanced Paediatric Training, Hillel Yaffe Medical Centre, Israel
- Paediatric Endocrinology Fellowship in Dana-Dwek Children’s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Centre, Israel
- ESPE (European society for paediatric endocrinology) DOME (diabetes, obesity and metabolism) School, 2017
Local and Overseas Experience:
- Consultant Paediatrician and Paediatric Endocrinologist, Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
- Paediatric Neuro-endocrine Clinic, Spinal Muscular Atrophy MDT Clinic, Dana Dwek Children’s Hospital, Tel Aviv
- Paediatric Obesity Clinic, Paediatric Diabetes and Metabolism Unit, Dana Dwek Children’s Hospital, Tel Aviv
- Consultant General Paediatric at Maccabi Health Care Services HMO
Areas of expertise:
- Short stature
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Diabetes: neonatal diabetes, type 1 diabetes, MODY, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance
- Thyroid gland dysfunctions: Autoimmune underactive (Hashimoto) or overactive (Graves), congenital hypothyroidism, etc.Thyroid gland enlargement (Goitre)
- Puberty: Precocious or delayed puberty
- Adrenal insufficiency: congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Addison’s, adrenal hypoplasia, autoimmune adrenal conditions
- Ambiguous Genitalia
- Hypopituitarism (under-function of 1 or more of the pituitary gland hormones)
- Bone health: rickets, hypocalcaemia, hypercalcemia, vitamin D, etc.
- Transgender medicine (Gender affirming treatment)
- Syndromes with endocrine presentation such as: Turner, Noonan, Russel silver, Kallman, Prader Willi, Klinefelter etc.
- Childhood obesity
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Failure to thrive
- Hormone stimulation tests
Title or Designation
Female / Wāhine
Dr Ronnie Stein is available at the following service: