Mr Imad Aljanabi
MB ChB 1982 Baghdad; FICMS (Gen Surg) 1993; FRACS 2006
I am a consultant general surgeon currently primarily working at Wellington Hospital.
I have training and experience in general surgery at Wellington, Hutt and Christchurch hospitals.
I have been a senior lecturer at the Wellington School of Medicine since 2008. Prior to my New Zealand experience, I was a consultant surgeon in Iraq.
Presently, I am a fellow or member of the following professional bodies:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Association
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair
- Colon surgery
- Small bowel surgery
- Pilonidal sinus disease surgery
- Anal surgery
- Skin lesion surgery
Title or Designation
I completed one year of post fellowship training in upper gastrointestinal and hepato-biliary and pancreatic surgery in Christchurch.
Full NZ Registration Date
28 July 2000
Mr Imad Aljanabi is available at the following services:
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Southern Cross Wellington Hospital
04 910 2160