Mr Martyn Fields
MB ChB 1985 Sheff; FRCS Edin 1989; FRACS 1993
In the United Kingdom Martyn trained in Dental, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery which he finds to be of significant help in the diagnosis and management of head and neck conditions as well as salivary gland pathology.
Since 2013 to present Martyn holds the position of Clinical Director and Head of the ENT Department at Dunedin Public Hospital. He is also a Senior Lecturer in Otolaryngology with the University of Otago Medical School.
While Martyn is based in Dunedin at Suite 20 of the Marinoto Clinic, he also runs private clinics in both Cromwell and Wanaka.
Martyn is a general Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon and offers a full range of medical and surgical management for Ear, Nose and Throat conditions. Martyn has an additional special interest in nasal and sinus disease including endoscopic sinus surgery, paediatric and adult ear surgery (otology) and obstructive sleep apnoea.
- 1974 - 78 Dental training - University of Sheffield - UK
- 1979 - 81 Oral Surgical training - Peterborough / Cambridge - UK
- 1981 - 85 Medical training - University of Sheffield - UK
- 1985 - 89 Maxillofacial Surgery training - University Hospital of Wales & South Wales Regional Maxillofacial & Plastic Surgery Unit - UK
- 1990 - 94 Specialist training in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery - Dunedin & Christchurch - NZ
- 1994 - 95 Post fellowship experience in Otology - Newcastle / Sunderland - UK
- 1995 – to present Consultant / Specialist & Senior Lecturer, Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Dunedin Hospital & Private Specialist, Mercy Hospital, Dunedin - NZ
Positions and Memberships
- Senior Lecturer - University of Otago Medical School
- National Executive Council Member of the New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery 2000 to 2010
- 2003 - 2010 Chairman, New Zealand National Training Programme in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
- 2000 - 2011 Regional Supervisor, New Zealand National Training Programme in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
Title or Designation
ORL Surgeon - Clinical Lead
Full NZ Registration Date
15 March 1990
Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Mr Martyn Fields is available at the following services:
This service is available at the following locations:
Southland Hospital, Invercargill
03 218 1949
03 218 6890
Private Surgical Services
This service is available at the following location:
Mercy Hospital Dunedin, 72 Newington Avenue, Maori Hill, Dunedin
(03) 464 0107