Counties Manukau Health Physiotherapy Services
Public Service, Allied Health, Cancer Network Group, Other
Hand Therapists are registered Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who are specialised in assessing and treating injury and non-injury related conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
This outpatient clinic is located in Module 5 at Manukau SuperClinic™ and is for all types of hand conditions e.g. orthopaedic, burns, post-surgical.
New Zealand residents (adults and children) who live within the Counties Manukau region with any of the following conditions:
- Trauma of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow.
- Non-traumatic conditions of the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow (e.g. osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s, Dupuytren’s contracture, trigger finger, etc).
- Rheumatology patients following surgical procedures to the hand, wrist, elbow or upon referral from Rheumatology OT.
- Brachial plexus injuries.
- Congenital hand deformities.
- Gross movement/pain anomalies of neurological cause such as CVA, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy etc (except where those patients have undergone a corrective surgical procedure at Counties Manukau Health).
- Anomalies of neurological cause in those who have received Botox injections.
- Shoulder injuries/conditions (these patients will be seen by MSOP physiotherapy).
- Rheumatology patients (except those who have undergone surgical procedures).
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and De Quervain’s associated with pregnancy (these patients will be seen by the women’s health physiotherapist).
- Non-New Zealand residents.
Contact details for Hand Therapy
External Phone: (09) 250 8053
External Fax: (09) 250 8054