Waitematā DHB Community Social Work
Public Service, Allied Health, Community
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
About the Service
Social workers provide assessment, therapeutic conversations, information provision and complex problem solving for people experiencing:
- Emotional stress experienced as a result of changes in health
- Grief and loss associated with health changes, and changing roles
- Relationship issues eg. carer stress, changing roles and family dynamics
- Vulnerable Adult safety concerns regarding abuse or neglect
- Complex social problems impacted by on-going health issues.
Referrals to Allied Health community social work are taken from:
Self or, with the patient’s permission -
- hospital staff
- specialists and other health professionals.
- Individuals and families struggling to deal with personal, emotional, relationship and social problems that are health or disability related.
- Adults over the age of 16 years.
Referrals are not accepted for the following:
- Assessment for home support services, carer relief and residential care services: refer to Needs Assessment & Service Co-ordination (NASC).
- Mental health counselling: refer to the appropriate Mental Health Service.
- Alcohol and drug issues: refer to Community Alcohol and Drug Service.
- Financial/budgeting and accommodation.
- Residents living in residential homes/ care facilities who require ongoing interventions.
- Children with a disability who are over 16 and still attend school: refer to Child Development Service.
Please telephone the Referral Screener for all requests, information and advice:
Phone: (09) 486 8945 ext 43222 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday - closed on public holidays)
Email: OlderAdultsHomeHealth@Waitematadhb.govt.nz (for referrals)
There is no charge for this service.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Closed on Public Holidays.
- Social Work Service - Information Sheet [Nov17] (PDF, 423.5 KB)
(09) 486 8945 ext 43222 (8.00am - 4.30pm; Monday to Friday - closed on public holidays)
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 1:34PM on October 6, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Waitematā DHB Community Social Work.