Waitematā DHB Physiotherapy - Inpatients
Public Service, Allied Health, Cancer Network Group
- You may be admitted to a ward that specialises in the type of care you require depending on your condition.
- When you are admitted to a medical ward, physiotherapists may be involved if your care.
- If you have had a stroke, or other neurological condition, a physiotherapist may assess you and work with you to make a plan regarding how to best improve your physical condition and level of independence.
- If you have a respiratory condition, a physiotherapist may be able to assist you to manage your breathlessness or with clearing sputum from your lungs.
- Regardless of what has brought you to hospital, physiotherapists may also be involved in reviewing your balance, mobility and ability to manage your daily activities.
- At the end of your time in hospital, your physiotherapist will discuss with you any need for ongoing physiotherapy and you will be referred accordingly.