Clutha Health First Hospital Services
Public Service, Community, Allied Health, Breast, Endocrinology, ENT/ Head & Neck Surgery, Gastroenterology & Hepatology (Liver), General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Laboratory Tests, Maternity, Maternity/Birthing Facilities, Mental Health, Midwifery, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Older People's Health, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics
Within our Clutha Health First Community Team we have a medical social worker that provides services to those in the inpatient ward and within the community. The requirement to access social work services is that a person has personal health and/or age related issues.
Our social workers provide:
- Information on hospital services
- Supporting individuals / family / whānau through the transition from hospital care to home
- Information on disability allowance (services funded)
- Information on management of disabilities and services available
- Travel and accommodation funding information for people travelling outside of Otago to receive medical treatment at other centres
- Supporting people to access community services / organisations
- Linking people with other healthcare / social service providers
- Supporting individuals / family / whānau to manage lifestyle changes as a result of health and / or disability issues
- Supporting caregivers caring for a family member at home
- Relationship management
- Assisting with grief / stress management
If you wish to speak to one of our social workers, please call us on (03) 419 0523 between the hours of 8.30 and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday.