Oamaru Hospital Services
Public Service, Community, Allied Health, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology (Liver), General Surgery, Laboratory Tests, Mental Health, Midwifery, Obstetric and Gynaecology, Older People's Health, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Radiology, Respiratory, Rheumatology
Medical Social Workers
Social Work Services are available to assist people with health problems to access support services and look at options for themselves and their family.
- assistance to inpatients and their family/whanau in planning for discharge from hospital and follow up in the community
- information and access to appropriate support services
- information on rest homes and long stay hospital placement and arrangement of the required assessment
- assistance with grief, loss and other health-related issues
- information on travel and accommodation assistance
- unplanned pregnancy counselling.