Starship Paediatric Surgery and Urology
Public Service, General Surgery, Paediatrics, Urology
- Abdominal surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Neonatal surgery
- Genitourinary surgery
- Oncologic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Trauma surgery.
- General Paediatric Surgical clinics are held at Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship.
- Your clinic day and time will depend on which surgeon you will be seeing.
- Weekly clinics are also run at Manukau SuperClinic and fortnightly at Waitakere Hospital.
- Regular visiting clinics currently take place in Whangarei, Kaitaia, New Plymouth and Gisborne.
- The Paediatric Urinary Tract Clinic is held on Thursday mornings.
- The Neurogenic Bladder Clinic is held every 4th Wednesday afternoon.
- The Urodynamics Clinic is held on alternate Tuesday mornings from 10:30 - 12:45.
- Acute or urgent referrals are seen in the Children's Emergency Department.
Common Conditions/ Procedures / Treatments
Umbilical hernias are very common in infants, with one in 10 young children being affected.… More
An inguinal hernia is an abnormal bulge, or protrusion, that can be seen and felt in the groin area (the area between the abdomen and the thigh).… More
A hydrocoele is a collection of fluid in the scrotal sac of male infants that drains downward from the abdominal cavity.… More
Undescended testes occur when one or both of the testicles do not reach the scrotum and remain inside the groin and occasionally the abdomen.… More
The foreskin is normally non-retractile at birth and it is common for some boys to not have a retractile foreskin until after puberty.… More
Hypospadias (opening below) is an abnormal appearance of the penis, characterised by the abnormally situated opening of the urethra.… More
- Gastrostomy Care- Parent Guide (PDF, 998.8 KB)
- Hypospadias Repair (PDF, 990 KB)
Post-op Hypospadias Instruction (Mr Price)
(PDF, 123 KB)
Post-op Hypospadias care instructions following surgery by Mr Price
Post-op Hypospadias Instructions (Mr Upadhyay)
(PDF, 123.8 KB)
Post-op hypospadias care instructions following surgery by Mr Upadhyay
- Hypospadias Graft Repair (PDF, 947.3 KB)
- Pyeloplasty (PDF, 598.1 KB)
- Caecostomy/ACE (PDF, 852.5 KB)
- Urodynamic Information (PDF, 624.7 KB)
- Mitrofanoffs (PDF, 951.2 KB)
- Bladder Augmentation (PDF, 987.4 KB)
- Hirschsprungs Disease (PDF, 225.1 KB)
- Anorectal Malformations (PDF, 287.5 KB)
Visiting hours are 8am - 8pm. The children have a rest period between 1 - 3pm and visitors are discouraged during this time.
(09) 307 4949 ext 22527
09 307 8952
2 Park Road
2 Park Road
Starship Child Health
Private Bag 92 024
Auckland Mail Centre
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 11:54AM on November 26, 2020. This information is reviewed and edited by Starship Paediatric Surgery and Urology.