Counties Manukau Health Psychological Medicine
Public Service, Mental Health
Paediatric Consult Liaison Team (PCLT) - Inpatients/Outpatients
Psychological, behavioural and psychiatric assessment and management for inpatients aged under 18 and their whānau/family while in Kidz First and Middlemore Hospital, and sometimes outpatient treatment. We are also involved with:
Emotional support is offered by listening, talking and teaching ways to cope during stressful events. We may teach the young person methods of relaxation that enables them to cope with pain, frustration and anxiety. We may also suggest cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), biofeedback, family counselling and sometimes medication.
We work closely with medical teams and clinicians within the hospital and outpatient services such as Paediatrics and Centre for Youth Health. We may also liaise with community services such as your GP, physiotherapist, district nurse, school or other agencies.
- For referrals to CMH Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - please see Taunaki & Te Puawaitanga
- For referrals to CMH community Child Development - please see Kidz First Child Development
Our team are:
- Madonna Dasler - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Kathryn Russell - Consultant Psychologist
- Kate Hebenton - Psychologist
- Dr Caroline Fraser - Child & Adolescent Liaison Psychiatrist
- Dr Matt Kay- MOSS
- Dr Paul Vroegop - Psychiatrist
- Dr Suren Subramaniam - Registrar