Northland DHB Mental Health & Addictions - Mental Health
Public Service, Mental Health
If there is someone in imminent danger call the police on 111
Whangārei: ph (09) 430 4101 ext 3537
Mid North District: ph (09) 430 4101 ext 5871
Ph 0800 223 371
- Crisis Service
For people who are experiencing a mental health crisis and are considered a danger to themselves or others.
- Inpatient Unit
Tumanako - a 29 bed unit inpatient facility and He Manu Pae, a 6 bed sub acute unit. Adults, youth and older people utilise the unit when acutely unwell.
- Adult Community Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drug TeamsThis service provides community based assessment and treatment services to people, including those presenting with alcohol and drug issues, through both community follow-up and outpatient clinics. This service also provides the crisis response for mental health, dual diagnosis and clinical rehabilitation.
- Te Roopu Whitiora - Adult Kaupapa Māori Mental Health Service
This service provides community based assessment and treatment for Māori clients with mental illness, based on the principles of whanaungatanga.
- Te Roopu Kimiora - Child & Adolescent Mental Health and Addiction Service
This is a community based assessment and treatment service for Child and Youth. This service also now encompasses dual diagnosis and Alcohol and Drug services for youth.
- Psychiatry for Older Persons Service (POPS)
This service is available to people over the age of 65 years. As well as a small community based assessment and treatment service, the service also has funding to purchase crisis respite services from NGO providers. Due to the size of the team, it is managed regionally.
- Intensive Community Team
This service provides assertive community outreach to clients identified as at high risk, primarily due to reluctance to engage in mental health treatment. The majority of clients were previously high users of adult mental health services. This is a regional service.
- Early Psychosis Intervention Service
This service provides support and treatment to people between the ages of 13 and 25 who are experiencing a “first psychotic episode”.
Alcohol and Drug Addiction
Please click here to view the Northland DHB Alcohol and Drug Service information. More
We all feel some anxiety at some time or other.… More
Bipolar Disorder/ Manic Depression
This is a mood disorder in which both depressive (persistent low mood) and manic (elevated or high mood) episodes are experienced.… More
Depression is a mood disorder. Emotional states like sadness, ‘feeling blue’ or tearfulness are part of normal human experience.… More
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder that affects about 1% of the general population.… More
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 8:40PM on August 29, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Northland DHB Mental Health & Addictions - Mental Health.