Te Rito Ora
Public Service, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Community
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Te Rito Ora is a free community-based service that provides breastfeeding and baby feeding information and support for all mothers and babies who live in South Auckland. They can work with you from the time you find out you are pregnant until your baby is 2 years old.
The team provide the following FREE services:
- Antenatal breastfeeding education - FREE support for infant feeding aged 0-2 years.
- Postnatal in-home breastfeeding support. Kaitipu Ora workers provide breastfeeding support in pregnancy and for under 2’s. The team has lactation consultants for more complex breastfeeding issues.
- Nutrition advice for under 2’s.
- Cooking workshops teaching healthy meals on a budget.
- Speakers who can come to your Mum and baby groups to discuss breastfeeding and/or starting solids.
- Peer support training for whaanu/health professional who wish to learn more about breastfeeding to be able to help others in their community.
- Early Learning Centre sessions that encourage tamariki to consume more vegetables, and give parents practical tools to do so at home.
Seeking trained support can be key to your breastfeeding journey. Get in touch with the Te Rito Ora team: 0800HELPBF or firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your midwife or family doctor to refer you to the team.
Te Rito Ora does operate under level 4, via phone consult and Zoom video calls.
Peer Support breastfeeding workshops - the workshops provide breastfeeding support for Mum and baby in a safe and inclusive environment. Mum can come together to enjoy a cup of tea and meet other new Mums.
Indian Mum's peer support group:
Every 3rd Friday of the month
Location: 2 Sutton Crescent, Papatoetoe
Indian pregnant women and mums with little ones - come along and support one another, discuss topics and make friends.
12-13 March 2022
ASB Showground, Greenlane
Te Rito Ora will be at the baby show. FREE breastfeeding and infant feeding chats.
Your chance to WIN a Britax Boulevard Car Seat valued around $599
Children's colouring in table
WIN a wahakura with our safe sleep promotion
This is a free service.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
- Starting Solids poster (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Starting Solids flyer (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Indian Mum's peer support poster (PDF, 384.5 KB)
- TRO brochure (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Becoming peer supporter poster (PDF, 342.5 KB)
- Working and breastfeeding 1 (JPG, 116.1 KB)
- Working and breastfeeding 2 (JPG, 98.7 KB)
- Working and breastfeeding 3 (JPG, 112.5 KB)
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:55PM on September 13, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Te Rito Ora.