Northland DHB Health of Older People (HOP)
Public Service, Older People's Health, Cancer Network Group, Community
This provides carers of the older person with a regular scheduled programme in a residential facility. This is a fully funded DHB programme.
- Is accepted as a client by the Needs Assessment & Service Co-ordination Service.
- Has ongoing disability support needs related to chronic or acute on chronic, physical, psychological, psychiatric and/or social problems often interacting to exacerbate frailty and dependence.
- Has been assessed by the Needs Assessor & Service Co-ordinator as being at a high or very high level using the SPA Tool.
- Has an informal carer(s) who is providing most of the support needs for the client in a home situation.
- Provides a significant amount of the 24-hour care needed.
- The demands placed on the carer(s) are considerable. Unless there is respite from the demanding role at regular intervals, it is unsustainable in the long term.
- Carer(s) is unpaid for the role of caring for the family member.
- People with short term convalescent care needs following an acute episode of illness or injury.
- Clients who are formally paying the carer(s) for the 24 hour care they receive.
- People who are covered under the Accident Compensation Corporation Act.