Family Options NASC
Public Service, Paediatrics, Community
The Family Options NASC service aims to enhance and optimise the care of medically fragile children/children with long term, chronic health conditions and their families/whānau in their community and supports an integrated model of community paediatric care.
The underlying philosophies are:
- to provide family/whānau centred care with a partnership approach
- to provide culturally appropriate care
- to work in an interdisciplinary team
- to support community based care
- to integrate all services provided in the community by supporting a case management model
- to promote respect and cooperation, valuing the opinions of all those involved in the care of medically fragile children/children with long term, chronic health condiitons.