Lakes Kids Community Health
Public Service, Paediatrics, Community
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Lakes Kids Community Health (Women, Child & Family Community Services) is a regional service covering Rotorua, Taupō and Tūrangi. The team is based in two locations, Rotorua and Taupō.
The service includes:
- Public Health Nurses - supporting and promoting children's health and wellbeing.
- Vision Hearing Technicians - delivering screening services in preschools, early education centres and in clients' homes.
- Outreach Immunisation - delivering neonatal BCG vaccinations and case management of TB.
- B4 School Checks - a free health check for four year olds.
- School Based Immunisation - for schools in the Rotorua, Taupō and Tūrangi areas.
- Ear Nurse Specialists - providing treatment, information and support for ear health.
- Newborn Hearing Screening - to check whether your baby can hear well.
- Eczema Clinic - assessment, education, management and support for eczema.
See below for more information and referral details for each service.
New Zealand citizens or those who have obtained permanent residence are entitled to publicly funded health care.
Non-residents may be required to pay for their health care.
Click here to read more about eligibility for funded care at Lakes DHB.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed Labour Day (25 Oct), Auckland Anniversary (31 Jan), Waitangi Day (Observed 7/2/22) (7 Feb), Good Friday (15 Apr), Easter Sunday (17 Apr), Easter Monday (18 Apr), ANZAC Day (25 Apr), Queen's Birthday (6 Jun).
Public Health Nurses
We are a dedicated team of registered nurses who work in partnership with families, schools, other health professionals and services involved in the care of children and families.… More
Vision and Hearing Technicians (Vision Screening and Hearing Screening)
Vision and Hearing Technicians are screeners who deliver a national screening service in preschools, early education centres, community clinics and client homes.… More
Several of our Public Health Nurses are qualified to deliver neonatal BCG vaccinations and case manage TB. … More
B4 School Check
The B4 school check is a free check for four year olds.… More
School Based Immunisation Programme
Public Health Nurses run School Based Vaccination Programme for Year 7 and 8 students, educating and administering Boostrix (T’dap) and HPV Vaccine. … More
Ear Nurse Specialists
Our Ear Nurse Specialists provide treatment, information and support for children and young people and their whānau to address ear health concerns.… More
Newborn Hearing Screening
All babies are checked at birth to see that all is well.… More
Children's Eczema Clinic is provided at Children's Health Hub, Rotorua
Clinic Hours… More
Parking for patients is on Haupapa Street opposite our building. You enter through an arm bar and you will be given the exit code on departure, after your appointment.
Click here to find your nearest community pharmacy.
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:47PM on August 11, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Lakes Kids Community Health.