Tautoko Mai Sexual Harm Support
Public Service, Sexual Abuse Medicine, Sexual Harm
24-hour sexual harm support, including: crisis counselling, social worker support, medical support and ACC Sensitive Claims Counselling Support.
Call us on 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE), or submit an online referral through our website, tautokomai.co.nz.
- Children (0–12) who have disclosed sexual abuse or where there are concerns about possible sexual abuse
- Adolescents (13 –19) who have been sexually abused or have experienced sexual assault/unwanted sexual contact
- Adults (20+) who have ever experienced sexual assault/abuse
Region: Bay of Plenty and Waikato
Our FREE service encompasses a region-wide support team of dedicated professionals who offer confidential and immediate help to survivors of sexual harm.
- Specialist medical support from a team of nurses and sexual assault clinicians
- Forensic medical examination (collecting evidence for police)
- Therapeutic examination including STI and pregnancy prevention
- Medical follow up: support and advice, STI screen, medical assessment
- Crisis support services, provided by counsellors and social workers for immediate, short-term support
- ACC sensitive claims counselling support: assistance in providing a long-term ACC Counsellor
All services are FREE and confidential.
How to Access:
Phone us: Call the 24/7 helpline on 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE).
Internet and email: Submit an online referral through our website at www.tautokomai.co.nz or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept referrals from any source by: phone/fax/email, including self-referrals, whānau/friends, NZ Police, Oranga Tamariki, CAMHS, community agencies, counsellors, GPs, After-hours medical services, and schools.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Referral, Make an appointment, Walk in
All agency referrals should be made either through our website: www.tautokomai.co.nz, or through email@example.com.
All services are free
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Our normal office hours are 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), but you can still get in touch with us outside these hours on our FREE 24/7 phone line: 0800 227 233 (0800 2B SAFE).
By contacting us on our 0800 number you will have access to a nurse, counsellor or support worker - 24/7 every day of the year.
Public Holidays: Closed Easter Sunday (9 Apr). Open Queen's Birthday (6 Jun), Matariki (24 Jun), Labour Day (24 Oct), Waitangi Day (6 Feb), Good Friday (7 Apr), Easter Monday (10 Apr), ANZAC Day (25 Apr).
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need help and support?
- Immediate help
- Kaupapa Māori
- Support and counselling
Sexual abuse medical
Sexual harm victims/survivors - Do you need ACC counselling?
Sexual harm - Kaupapa Māori services
Phone us on 0800 227 233, or see our website for our locations: www.tautokomai.co.nz
We have parking onsite, but please be aware that roadside parking is limited.
Bay of Plenty
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:47PM on February 10, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by Tautoko Mai Sexual Harm Support.