Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Social Services >
Caring Families Aotearoa
Caring Families Aotearoa is here to support caregiver families who open their homes and hearts to children and young people.
We provide training, encouragement, advocacy, information and support to caregiver families, throughout New Zealand, so that the placement has the best possible chance of success.
Every care journey is different. There will be ups and downs, detours and snags - we don't have one road map for all. What we do have is over 40 years of experience which we share with caregivers and our practice is based on the latest research for tamariki and rangitahi who have not had the best start in life, for whatever reason. Every journey is different, but our goal is always the same: the best outcome for kids in care.
We deliver practical, ongoing support for caregiving families including:
- specialised training programs and materials to help caregivers
- training for new challenges as they emerge
- connecting new caregivers with others near them for mutual support
- peer support groups for caregivers
- motivating struggling teenagers in care through workshops
- advice on understanding Oranga Tamariki, Ministry for Children policies, court and legal issues and other Government departments
- telephone, online and face to face support for caregivers facing challenging situations with their children and/or the system.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
Membership is free, sign up form here.
|Mon – Fri||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
Education and training
- Parenting education
- Whānau support
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui
Find a Regional Co-ordinator Click here
Critical and Allegation Support - 0800 693 278
Training Registrations and Information - 0800 693 323
Level 4, Forsyth Barr Tower, 45 Knights Rd, Lower Hutt 5010
PO Box 30188, Lower Hutt 5040
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:20PM on November 10, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Caring Families Aotearoa.