Palmerston North Methodist Social Services
Social Service, Cancer Network Group
Tautoko Tangata, Tautoko Hapori - Supporting People, Supporting Community.
Palmerston North Methodist Social Services provides non-secular support to meet the changing needs of our community.
Our services include:
- Counselling: We provide affordable, professional counselling for adults, couples, children and families. Counselling is usually short-term and can deal with issues including change, grief and loss, stress, anxiety and depression, confidence issues and relationships.
Please note - our counselling team can be very busy and counselling sessions are limited. We review counselling capacity each week - contact us to check availability.
- Family Education Programmes: We offer a free education programme 'Dealing with Feelings' for primary and intermediate aged children and their parents/caregivers. This programme helps families deal with emotions such as anger, grief and loss.
- Parenting Programmes: We run a Ministry of Justice based programme helping parents prioritise and understand the needs of their children during a divorce or separation.
- Foodbank: The service is available to families, couples and individuals who are residents of Palmerston North who require food assistance. Foodbank Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 12:30pm to 2:30pm
- Social Work: Our experienced Social Workers work alongside people by providing support and advice, while focusing on their personal strengths and goals. Social Workers ensure clients are able to benefit from all of our services, and refer to external services when helpful.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Make an appointment, Referral
Our Counselling services are low cost with the fee depending on your situation. The standard fee is $60, and we ask clients to pay an affordable contribution, however, no-one will ever be turned away for financial reasons.
Our other services and programmes are free.
Koha / donations are welcomed.
|Mon – Fri||9:00 AM – 3:00 PM|
Evening appointments may be available on Tuesdays for counselling.
Foodbank Hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 12:30pm to 2:30pm.
** Please Note: The last day for Foodbank is Tuesday 21st December 2021 and it will reopen on Tuesday 11th January 2022. **
Public Holidays: Closed Wellington Anniversary (24 Jan), Waitangi Day (Observed 7/2/22) (7 Feb), Good Friday (15 Apr), Easter Sunday (17 Apr), Easter Monday (18 Apr), ANZAC Day (25 Apr), Queen's Birthday (6 Jun), Labour Day (24 Oct).
Christmas: Open 20 Dec — 21 Dec. Closed 22 Dec — 7 Jan.
- Support for bereaved children
- Support for family/whānau/partners
Our 'Dealing with Feelings' programme works with children and families, helping to deal with emotions surrounding grief, change and loss. Extra sessions can be provided alongside the programme, for children…
The PNMSS foodbank is open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
ID is required for every visit and please your own bags or boxes.
- Grief counselling
- Mental wellbeing
Education and training
- Parenting education
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 2:37PM on November 23, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Palmerston North Methodist Social Services.