Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui > Social Services >
Social Service, Cancer Network Group
Supporting children, young people, and their whānau to navigate through tough times by building resilient individuals and communities.
Skylight is here to help you through difficult times. We can assist you in a variety of ways with information appropriate for your situation. You are welcome to visit or contact us and receive free information and an e-support pack. We also operate a Resilience Hub and you can borrow books from our specialist library.
- Waves - an eight week programme supporting adults who have been bereaved by suicide.
- Heart Song - a support group in Wellington for parents who have been bereaved by the loss of a child of any age.
- Children's support groups - for young people aged 6-12 years to understand and express their experiences in a supportive environment. Examples of groups we run are for Family Change, Bereveaement and Domestic Violence
- Parenting Through Separation - an information course for parents who have separated or are contemplating separation
- Travellers - an eight week, school-based programme for young people to build resilience in changing times.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke, Older adult / Kaumātua
How do I access this service?
Contact us, Make an appointment, Referral, Walk in, Website / App
Most of our programmes and groups are free.
Counselling is charged at $120 a session. There are some options for funded or subsidised counselling, please contact us for more information.
|Mon – Fri||8:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
Public Holidays: Closed on all public holidays.
- Support for bereaved children
- Support for family/whānau/partners
- Support groups
- We run a Bereavement support group for children who have lost a loved one.
- We also facilitate Heart Song a support group in Wellington for parents who have been bereaved…
- Parenting education
Parenting Through Separation is a free information course for individual parents who have separated or who are contemplating separation. See here for more information and course dates.
Abuse and violence
- Education programmes
- Support groups
We run Along the track - a course for children aged 6 - 12 years old, and their brothers and sisters or cousins, who have witnessed and/or experienced domestic violence.
We offer counselling for adults, children, young people, and family/whānau who are experiencing any kind of grief, loss and trauma. Note - counselling does have a charge
Waves is an eight week programme that aims to support adults 18+ years old who have been bereaved by suicide. See here for group locations and contacts.
Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Central Auckland, Central Lakes, Dunedin - South Otago, East Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Hutt, Lakes, MidCentral, Nelson Marlborough, North Auckland, Northland, South Auckland, South Canterbury, Southland, Tairāwhiti, Taranaki, Waikato, Wairarapa, Waitaki, Wellington, West Auckland, West Coast, Whanganui
5-7 Vivian Street
5-7 Vivian Street
PO Box 7309
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 12:05PM on May 26, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Skylight Trust.