Education and training
Here's a taste of what we do:
- We offer training to grow more local Waste Champions
- WRAP endeavours to have a presence in the form of educational stalls at community events in the area to provide information and resources about waste
- WE have undertaken WASTEWISE DOOR KNOCKING across Auckland
- WRAP crew members joined the Auckland Council on the 'Recycle Right' campaign in 2014 to door knock in the Glen Innes area to inform the community about being 'wastewise' and about the upcoming changes to waste in Central Auckland. Several members from WRAP continue to do this work in areas where they are connected to the community
- We offer composting workshops and waste free parenting workshops
- Food and Garden hui - these meetings are held monthly and keep healthy and vibrant conversations around food and gardening alive across Tāmaki. Meetings take place on the first Tuesday of each month at 12:30pm. The venue varies so check our event page. Trips and events are scheduled every so often. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- We offer waste consultation. WRAP provides a service whereby we come into your workplace and assess the waste practices. Support and recommendations are then provided by our waste experts.
Tāmaki WRAP does not operate from a permanent physical address. We are currently working on an office space. Until then we can meet up with you if required. Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our services or if you would like to attend any current workshops. General enquiries are welcome.
Contact us online here
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 6:23PM on May 24, 2021. This information is reviewed and edited by Tamaki WRAP (Waste Reduction Action Group).