12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
West Coast Women's Refuge is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting families to live violence-free.
We are here to help you understand what you are experiencing and to support you to live a life free from violence and abuse. We provide confidential services that are tailored to your needs.
We have women’s advocates, child advocate and a male advocate who work with victims and perpetrators of family violence coast wide.
- Our Women’s Advocate works alongside women who are the victims or perpetrators of family violence offering support, advocacy, information, safety plans, access to legal portals, support at court and other assistance
- Our Male Advocate works alongside the males that are involved in any family violence incident reported to police, and work with both the perpetrators of family violence and male victims, providing support, advocacy, information, safety plans, support at court and other assistance.
- Our 24 hour crisis line is open to anyone, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year and is free and confidential. We can provide information, advice, access to support and advocacy, access to our safe house and assistance to develop a safety plan
- Our Children’s Advocate is child focused and will work with children from 5—12 yrs delivering advocacy to our tamariki who have family violence in their lives, offering support, advocacy, information, safety plans and being their voice
- We run education programmes for women, tamairki and rangatahi
Our team is made up of client-focused professionals, who are down to earth and non-judgemental.
Child / Tamariki, Youth / Rangatahi, Adult / Pakeke
How do I access this service?
Phone: 24 hours 365 days a year on 0800 208 339
Facebook: West Coast Womens Refuge
Make an appointment
No fees apply
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
|Mon – Sun||midnight – midnight|
You Can Call Our Crisis / Support Line 24 Hours a Day: 0800 208 339
Abuse and violence
- Education programmes
- Family violence intervention
- Information & support
- Referral to specialist services
- Victim support
Education and training
Tamariki FV education programmes 5 - 12 years
Rangatahi Programme 13 - 17 years
Women's Programme 18+ years
Was this page helpful?
This page was last updated at 9:16AM on January 3, 2022. This information is reviewed and edited by West Coast Women's Refuge.