If you live in New Zealand or are a visitor to New Zealand and you have an accident and injure yourself, you may be able to get some help from the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).

The type of assistance provided by the ACC may include:

  • help with treatment costs
  • weekly payments to make up for loss of income
  • home help
  • child care
  • help to buy equipment such as a wheelchair
  • help with returning to work e.g. transport costs while you recover; retraining programmes
  • other types of help you may need to support you during your recovery.

For more information on the kind of help you could receive, click here

If you have had an accident, and want to find out if it is likely to be covered by the ACC, click here 

To make a claim to ACC, you and your doctor, physiotherapist, dentist or other person treating you must fill out an ACC claim form as soon as possible after your accident. The form is then sent to the ACC for review. For more information on making a claim, click here

If you want to learn some tips on how to avoid back injuries and sports injuries, improve safety in your home, prevent workplace discomfort etc, click here