MB ChB 1985 Basrah; MRCOphth 2006
Dr Matloob specialises in General Ophthalmology, Neuro-Ophthalmology and Visual Electrophysiology. She also works at Waikato Hospital as a specialist Ophthalmologist and Neuro-ophthalmologist with special interest in medical retina.
Dr Matloob had extensive experience in General Ophthalmology before taking up Neuro- ophthalmology as a subspecialty. She graduated from the medical school in Iraq, where she also did her 4 years training in Ophthalmology. Selma then moved to Jordan, the UK and NZ for further work and degrees and thereafter to the US for subspecialty fellowship and training.
In Jordan Dr Matloob qualified for the Board in Ophthalmology, in the UK for FRCS and MRCO in Ophthalmology and in the US for a Fellowship in Neuro-ophthalmology and training in Electrophysiology of Vision, Hereditary Diseases of the Retina and Medical Retina.
She recently established an Electrophysiology of Vision service at Hamilton Eye Clinic, the first and only service in the Midland region.
Dr Selma Marloob has special skills in:
- Hereditary retinal diseases
- Visual electrophysiology
plus general ophthalmology.
Title or Designation
Full NZ Registration Date
30 September 2002
Dr Selma Matloob is available at the following service:
This service is available at the following location:
130 Grantham Street, Hamilton
(07) 834 0006
(07) 839 4918
Use our online enquiry form
To contact your chosen specialist use the numbers below:
- Dr Ammar Bin Sadiq (07) 960 2109
- Dr Benjamin Hoy: (07) 834 6332
- Dr Bheema Patil: (07) 834 6304
- Dr David Worsley: (07 834 6334
- Dr James McKelvie (07) 834 6335
- Dr John Dickson: (07) 834 6332
- Dr Michael Merriman: (07) 834 6308
- Dr Rohan Weerekoon: (07) 834 6336
- Dr Selma Matloob: (07) 834 6308
- Dr Stephen Guest: (07) 834 6331
- Dr Stephen Ng: (07) 834 6330